Columbia 5.0 Mile Results:
|4||Tammy Liu||38:12||1st Master|
|6||Tiffany Hevner||38:57||1st 35-39|
|6||Mark Landree||29:56||1st 45-49|
|7||Jason Tripp||30:09||2nd 45-49|
|11||Tunde Morakinyo||31:24||1st Grandmaster|
|12||Adam Wytko||31:26||2nd 35-39|
|14||Brian Shadrick||32:02||2nd 40-44|
|19||Yasuo Oda||33:55||1st 55-59|
|John Chall||34:04||1st Senior Grandmaster|
The other big summer race for the Racing Team was the Annapolis Ten Miler at the end of August. Runners enjoyed cooler than usual temperatures on what is usually a hot and humid weekend. Julia Roman-Duval took 1st place overall while Eric Schuler led the men's team, taking 5th overall. In the unofficial team scoring (top 3 on each team scored), the women's team took 1st place and the men's team was the runner up to their rivals in the Georgetown Running Club.
Annapolis 10M Results:
|4||Beth Hannon||1:05:41||1st 30-34|
|5||Amanda Beal||1:05:44||1st 35-39|
|7||Noel McCracken||1:07:33||2nd 30-34|
|9||Stephanie Caporaletti||1:08:02||2nd 35-39|
|5||Eric Schuler||55:47||1st 20-24|
|28||Jason Tripp||1:01:23||1st 45-49|
|47||Tunde Morakinyo||1:04:19||3rd Grandmaster|
|65||Ed Wilson||1:06:27||2nd 55-59|
|105||John Chall||1:09:10||1st 60-64|
Racing team members at the Annapolis Ten Miler
Here are some of the highlights from the rest of the summer:
- Several racing team members kicked off the 4th of July festivities at the Arbutus Firecracker 10K: Eric Schuler (34:42, 3rd overall, 2nd AG 20-29), Mark Landree (37:54, 8th overall, 3rd AG 40-49), and Brian Shadrick (41:19, 14th overall).
- At the Howard County Striders Meet of Miles (1M race on the track), Carlos Renjifo was the top finisher in 4:37 while Brian Shadrick took 3rd place in 4:53
- Brian Shadrick continued his busy summer racing schedule at the Baltimore Road Race 5K, running 17:48 and taking 4th overall and 1st Master. In August, he ran the Coolest Mile on Main Street in Sykesville, placing 2nd in 4:42. The following week he won the Survivor Strong 5K in a time of 18:29. While training for all these races, Brian also had time to organize the Howard County Striders Centennial Mile series!
- Beth Hannon was the top female finisher (and 5th overall) at the Lisa Wade 5K in a time of 19:23. A few weeks later, she finished third at the Frederick Women's Distance Festival, running 19:08.
- Craig Lebro travelled down to the Crystal City Twilighter 5K. He ran 17:09 and finished 37th.
- Amanda Beal and Mark Landree went to Anne Arundel County to run the Dog Days 8K cross country race. Amanda was the top female finisher in 32:41 while Mark ran 29:52 to finish 7th overall and 1st in his age group. The Dog Days 8K is part of the RRCA Maryland Grand Prix race series. In the standings, Mark has a comfortable lead in the 45-49 age group and needs one more race to qualify for an award. Amanda is currently in a close second place in her age group category and also needs one more race in the series to qualify for an award.