May highlights include:
- Mark Landree came in 2nd with a time of 1:02:32 at the Cherry Pit 10 Miler.
- At the Frederick Running Festival Half Marathon, Tunde Morakinyo took 1st place in the 55-59 age group at 1:26:54, while Jicheng Liu and Ed Wilson took 2nd in their age groups with times of 1:25:52 and 1:32:21.
- John Chall came in 2nd overall at the Shipley's Choice Technology Trot 5K at 20:17 and also came in 2nd overall at the Knights of Columbus 8K at 34:40.
- Faye Weaver won 1st place in the 40-49 age group at the Dirty German 50 Miler.
- Eric Schuler took 1st overall at the Spring Into Summer 5K with an awesome 16:54.
At the annual Spring Hops 5K cross-country/trail race, Eric Schuler took 2nd overall at 19:33; Jicheng Liu took 1st place in the 40-49 age group at 22:27; and Tammy Liu took 1st in the female 50-59 age group at 27:56.
Debbie Cohen took 2nd place in the 60-64 age group at the York, PA Marathon with a BQ time of 4:18:19 (fingers crossed!), and James Blackwood took 3rd overall at the 17th Highway One 5K at 18:40.
Early June highlight include:
- At the Baltimore 10-miler, Caroline Bauer came in 2nd overall female with a time of 1:02:24; Andrew Madison came in 2nd overall male with a time of 55:17; and Eric Schuler came in 4th and took first among 25-29 males at 55:33.
- Mark Landree was 1st place male master at the Bel Air Town Run 5K at 17:25.
- Tunde Morakinyo won 1st place in the 55-59 male at the San Diego Marathon with a tie of 3:02:43.
- Jicheng Liu came in first among 40-49 males at the Maryland Half Marathon at 1:25:13.
- John Chall came in first among 60-69 males at the Pikesville Miles that Matter 5K at 20:22.
Finally, Striders Women Racers took home a bounty of awards at our club-hosted Women's Distance Festival 5K June 6, including:
- Lindsay Pickett took 2nd overall at 20:30:31 and Louise Valentine took 3rd place overall at 21:00. The1st place overall winner was 16-year-old Strider-racer-in-training Michelle Weaver, Faye Weaver's daughter.
- Faye Weaver won Masters Female with a time of 21:53:02, while Tammy Liu won Grandmaster Female at 22:23:81.
- Noel McCracken won 3rd place among 30-39 females at 22:10:1
- Debbie Cohen took 1st among 60-69 females at 26:40:37.
- In the mother-daughter team category, Faye and Michelle Weaver's Team were the fastest pair with a combined time of 42:11.
Other Striders non-racing team members also won a host of awards, and special thanks are due to the first-time co-race-directors of this event, the dynamic duo of Samantha Scherr Kieley and Emily Fleming Howe!!
Tammy Liu with family and friends at the Spring Hops 5K
Lindsay Pickett, Michelle and Faye Weaver and Debbie Cohen at the Womens Distance Festival 5K