Army Ten Miler Results:
|2||Julia Roman-Duval||59:17||1st 35-39|
|11||Caroline Bauer||1:02:01||3rd 30-34|
|60||Kelly Westlake||1:10:30||1st 45-49|
|204||Ed Wilson||1:03:57||2nd 55-59|
Racing team members at the Army Ten Miler
Breaking it down by race distance:
- Brian Shadrick and Amanda Beal ran the Market Street Mile in Frederick. Amanda took 6th among women in 5:38 while Brian placed 13th in 4:49. This was Amanda's 4th qualifying race in the Maryland RRCA Grand Prix, which qualifies her for an award. She is currently in second place overall in the standings behind her rival Megan Digregorio from the Falls Road Racing Team.
- Eric Schuler ran the Oktoberfest 5K from Charm City Run Columbia to Frisco Tap House. He was first in the race and first to the post-race beer.
- Andrew Madison won the 5K at the Baltimore Running Festival with a time of 16:17. Mark Eagles was close behind in 4th place, running 17:18 to take 1st in the 20-24 age group. Brian Shadrick took first in the 40-44 age group with a time of 18:08, good enough for 9th overall.
- Eric Schuler not only won his hometown Savage 7K, but he also ran the most unusual race distance of the month.
- At the Ellicott City Labor Day Classic 10K, Carlos Renjifo took 2nd overall in 33:55 while Kelly Westlake was the top overall female in 41:50.
- Rachel Collins placed 2nd overall at the Key School 10K
- At the Youngstown Peace Race, Adam Wytko ran 36:00 to place 38th overall and 1st in the 35-39 age group.
- Kevin Ford took 2nd place in the Charles Street 12M in Baltimore and also a close 2nd in the competition for most unusual race distance
- Half Marathon
- Eric Schuler rocked and rolled the Virginia Beach Rock & Roll Half Marathon. He placed 10th overall in a time of 1:18:26.
- At the Parks Half Marathon, Stephanie Caporaletti and Rachel Collins were almost neck and neck, placing 60th and 61st respectively. Stephanie ran 1:42:11 while Rachel ran 1:43:24.
- Julia Roman-Duval and Craig Lebro chose to do their rocking and rolling in Philadelphia. Julia ran 1:20:17 to place 16th overall at the Philadelphia Rock & Roll Half Marathon while Craig ran 1:16:44.
- While others were rocking and rolling, Carlos Renjifo and Kevin Ford were celebrating the military in the Navy/Air Force Half Marathon. Carlos ran 1:12:26 for 10th overall while Kevin got 27th in 1:18:38.
- Tammy Liu Hermstein went up to Westminster to run the Bachmann Valley Half Marathon, taking 5th among women with a time of 1:48:36
- Balti-moron-athon (5K & Half Marathon)
- Not surpisingly, we have a couple of morons on our racing team. Both Eric Schuler and Noel McCracken completed the Balti-moron-athon at the Baltimore Running Festival. To be an official moron, you must complete both the 5K and the Half Marathon with about 2 hours rest in between. Both Eric and Noel were the #1 Moron for their gender! Eric had a total time of 1:34:47 and Noel had a total time of 1:57:24.
- Adam Wytko competed in the Chase the Unicorn Marathon. He ran 2:50:29 and placed 4th overall.
- Tunde Morakinyo and Tammy Liu Hermstein both traveled to the windy city to run the Chicago Marathon. Tunde ran 3:03:04 while Tammy ran 3:42:27.
- Tammy followed up her Chicago finish with another marathon at the Baltimore Running Festival two weeks later. Kelly Westlake also competed, taking the top master award in a time of 3:22:21
- Ed Wilson, nearly equaled his 2:57:17 PR, running a 2:57:19 at the Marine Corps Marathon.
- Mark Landree took 4th place at the Larry Noel 15K to complete his sweep of the 40-44 age group awards in the Maryland RRCA Grand Prix
All these fall races have paid off! Listed below are the racing team entrants in the 2018 Boston Marathon:
- Stephanie Caporaletti
- Rachel Collins
- Conrad Fernandes
- Craig Lebro
- Yasuo Oda
- Conrad Orloff
- Eric Schuler
- Jason Tripp
- Ed Wilson
Next up for the racing team: Run Through the Grapevine 8K!